Our computer broke down about a month ago, and I’ve been living off my cell phone, iPad, and work computer ever since. Hence, the reason Myerland Reports took a hiatus. Jeff surprised me last week with a new computer, and I’m back in action!
I am now in my 29th week of pregnancy. Baby Bean is growing quickly! My first baby shower is this coming Sunday in Ohio, and I am pumped. It’s going to be a little strange going home for the first time without a house to stay in, since Mom and Dad moved to Birmingham. Irregardless, it will be great to see everyone.
We spent the weekend in Nashville, and just returned today. The fam went to the Bears/Titans game, which couldn’t have been a more exciting game… Bears crushed the Titans 51-20. Bear Down! We had an awesome little tailgate set up, and lots of laughs. My bean belly was so sore last night from cheering and laughing. Not to mention, bean was laying down some killer karate kicks. A little Bears fan in the making.
So, this month lots of my friends on Facebook are doing a 30 day Thankful Challenge. I know I would forget, so I’m not taking part. But it really has me thinking about all the things I am thankful for. I shall add up as many as I can without boring you to the max.
I am thankful for:
1. A hardworking husband who sucks at Euchre.
2. Loving, supportive parents who know how to let their hair down and rock muscle tees.
3. The two prettiest K9s on the block.
4. An awesome job that I honestly love and look forward to every day.
5. A beautiful home in a community filled with lots of little rug rats.
6. The ‘slammin’ 7. They know who they are.
7. My family and friends. I am blessed with a very close family.
8. My Grandma Susie. She is 94 years old, and still sharp as a whip. I get to see her next week, and can’t wait!
9. Baby Bean. No matter if Bean is a boy or a girl, we know our kid will be cool and I am really looking forward to hanging out with Bean. My little buddy.
10. To be alive. I had a terrible car accident in February, and spent 4 months in a wheelchair. I thank God every day for sparing my life, and giving me the chance to walk again. What a blessing just to live.
I am going to stop this list now.
Before I go, I would like to share a few Bud-isms from our Nashville trip. I shared these via Twitter. Follow me, if you don’t already!!
@shanistymyers: Forgot the beer for the tailgate. No matter, #bud comes back with a grocery bag of brew screaming, Jackpot!
@shanistymyers: Turned down the wrong way. #bud: “don’t make eye contact with that district 9 zombie. just drive!”
@shanistymyers: #bud to nance: “You are an anti-womanite!” Nance: “What is a womanite?” #bud: “for the woman. you are an anti!”
@shanistymyers: #bud: “I really wish someone would surprise me for my birthday and take me to Vegas. I promise to be good.”
@shanistymyers: #bud just burped. Me: “dad, did you just burp?” #bud: “yeah, and I blew it in your face.”
Until next time…