Seriously though, don’t you just love your friends on social media who have a better life than you and can’t wait to post about it?
I shared an article earlier today on Facebook, and suddenly realized people might actually think I am serious about my humble brag. Or worse, the people who are guilty of humble brags and can’t find the humor in it. So I decided to write some of my own. These are 10 personal experiences that made me literally step back and go, Man! I am awesome, and so is my life!
I’ve included EDITOR’S NOTES. That’s the part your awesome friends are too awesome to share. Here goes:
1. Last night I made my kids “ice cream”. It was a yummy concoction of strawberries, banana, nonfat Greek yogurt, spinach, peanut butter and a little honey. They ate it like champs! #HealthyKids #OopsIForgotTheKale #SillyMommy
EDITOR’S NOTE: I then spent an hour cleaning up vomit from the bed, floorboard, carpet, woodwork, toilet, bathtub, cabinets, my son’s belly button and my daughter’s feet. #UpstairsStillSmellsLikeStrawberries #Blessed
2. My daughter is ready to potty train! Can you believe at 1 she tells me “pee” and “poop” she even points to the potty and says “potty”! #ShesOnly1 #SmartyPants #Blessed
EDITOR’S NOTE: She also can reach her hand in her diaper and show me the proof. It makes me gag and her scream bloody murder. #PoopyPants #StickingToDiapers
3. For Lent this year I am giving up Facebook. So long, friends! #40days #Catholic #Lent #MissMe
EDITOR’S NOTE: I will still be stalking you all in secrecy and texting people about what I saw. #40days #Catholic #Lent #Sneaky
4. OMG! My husband is the very BEST husband in the entire world!!!! #SorryNotSorry #SoLucky #SoBlessed
EDITOR’S NOTE: I’m suddenly drawing a blank as to why my husband is better than yours. But I know he is! #HesTheBEST
5. My son can sing all the words to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Miles from Tomorrowland, Paw Patrol and Little Einsteins. #Talent #SingsLikeABird #LittleEinstein
EDITOR’S NOTE: He’s a junky. He watches hours of all of these shows so I can get some work done. #SingsLikeADyingCat #StillBlessed
6. My kids can dress themselves! I know, it’s so weird. I can’t believe how independent they are. I guess I’m doing something right. LOL. #Independent #ProudMommy #Blessed
EDITOR’S NOTE: They can also undress themselves. And they do it on the reg. I can’t tell you how many times I have opened the front door yelling at the top of my lungs, “SON, PUT YOUR PANTS ON! DAUGHTER, LADIES WEAR SHIRTS!” #Independent #IScareTheNeighbors #TheyScareTheNeighbors
7. Happy Valentine’s Day! OMG! These roses smell incredible! Why doesn’t Facebook have a smell feature? LOL. #LuckyLady #SoInLove #MyBetterHalf #Bae
EDITOR’S NOTE: My dad bought me the roses. #truth
8. Summer is right around the corner! Time to grab that Kale Salad and do some extra cardio! #Determined #BeachBod #HotMama
EDITOR’S NOTE: Sure, I’ll take some Kale but give me an extra topping of cheese. Does chasing after my half naked kids count as cardio? #Duh #BeachBodsCanSuckIt #CheeseIsBetterThanKale #MomButt
9. Wow! I got so much accomplished today. I can’t believe it’s only noon. Now it’s time to put the kids to bed for their 3 hour nap and enjoy some “Me” time. #RoutinesMatter #WhoSaysParentingIsHardWork
EDITOR’S NOTE: Today I changed diapers, fed the kids some cereal, cleaned up the kitchen, fixed a semi truck, played referee, hid out in my bathroom while my kids fought over a toy, washed the same load of laundry 3 times because I kept forgetting to dry it, reheated my coffee 5 times, drove around BEGGING my kids to nap, bribed them to nap with candy, decided candy wasn’t a good way to bribe them, took a walk instead, turned on the TV, and brushed my teeth at 2 pm. #SuperWoman #Accomplished #NoNaps
10. Daddy came home from work early to surprise us and snapped this fun picture of us when he walked in the door! #GoodThingDinnerIsReady #DressedToImpress #WeLoveSurprises #BestDaddy #EvenBetterHubby (see below. LOL!)
EDITOR’S NOTE: My husband did come home early to surprise us and found us in our natural habitat. #Isurrender (See Below.)
ReneeMarch 8, 2016 at 8:32 pm
OMG! Can’t. Stop. Laughing.
ShanistyMarch 8, 2016 at 9:08 pm
#ImJealousOfYourNaptime … that’s when I was walking them to the park begging them to nap. I also am in love with #wine30 #wewin
TheDaddyBlitzMarch 8, 2016 at 10:21 pm
LO-freakin’-L. You nailed it.
ShanistyMarch 9, 2016 at 6:00 am
Barbara FisherMarch 8, 2016 at 11:29 pm
That was really cute and funny. Loved the picture of the perfect family contrasted with real life.
ShanistyMarch 9, 2016 at 5:59 am
haha! Thank you.
AshleyMarch 9, 2016 at 6:34 am
Hahahaaaa, this is hilarious
ShanistyMarch 9, 2016 at 6:42 am
Tracy AtwoodMarch 9, 2016 at 10:59 am
This is me all year.
Tracy AtwoodMarch 9, 2016 at 11:00 am
Sorry… I mean, the last picture is. 😀
ShanistyMarch 9, 2016 at 11:13 am