I’m turning 35 years old this week. Some will say, shut it sister… you’re a young pup. Some will say, whoaaaaa…old balls. Some will say, I totally feel ya.
I’ve never really been one for my birthday, but this one is kind of hitting me in the jugular. Holy schnikes, I’m getting up there. Halfway to 70 years old. So, I wanted to put something in writing about this season of my life, mainly to have something to look back on when I reach 40, 45, and dare I say….70 years of age.
So I turned to my favorite person in the world (most days)…my husband. I asked him interview style to answer 15 random questions about me. Most are ridiculous. Some are funny. All are 100% accurate.
I encourage you to do something similar at some point during this season of your life. It didn’t take us longer than 5 minutes. Heck, you could even copy these exact questions if you’d like. That way you, too, can have something to look back on when you’re 70 and smile at how beautiful this messy life is.
(His answers are first, my thoughts are in bold italic.)
- If I could have one super power, what would it be? 8 hours of sleep. I know this isn’t a super power, but getting it would be! –Yeah, I would venture to say this would be a pretty kick ass super power.
- What is my favorite part of being a mother? Laughing with your children. -This one he didn’t even hesitate on, he answered it right away, and the answer was perfect. Absolutely, hands down, my favorite part of being a mother is the laughter and life my children give our home.
- What is one of my dreams? To write a book. –I’ve never wavered on this since I was 8 years old. It’s always been my dream. One day…. one day…. I will write that book.
- What makes me feel overwhelmed? A cluttered and messy home. –100% true.
- What would be the hardest thing for me to give up? Your home. –I never thought of this as my answer, but he’s right. Giving up my home and this life we have built would be the hardest thing to say goodbye to.
- If I could give money to charity which one would it be? The Humane Society. –I love dogs, but I don’t think that would be my answer. Children’s Hospital and especially RSV research is what I’m most passionate about during this season of my life.
- What’s my hobby? Writing. –He paused a long time to think about this one because I don’t really have time for hobbies. Between juggling our home, laundry, cooking, working from home, and 3 kids…there isn’t a lot of time for hobbies.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world, who would I want to have dinner with? Leonardo DiCaprio –DUH. And let me just say, it’s not because I think he’s Titanic Hot, I just find him to be the most fascinating person in the world.
- What is my favorite movie? The Departed- as it should be everyone’s. What about artist? Bob Dylan –Anyone who knows me knows this answer without skipping a beat. I love Bob Dylan, his writing, his music, his bizarre nature and misunderstood voice.
- What is my favorite thing to eat? To drink? Sushi and a nice bottle of wine. –Heaven.
- Where do I want to retire? Savannah, and her oak lined streets –we lived there for about 6 months a few years ago, and I fell madly in love. We will be back to stay longer next time.
- Am I on time or always late? Never on time, but also never really late. –again, 3 kids.
- What makes me happiest? Your family. Being a wife, mother, and loving every minute of it. -no comment needed!
- What is one random thing about me people might find interesting? You were a news anchor for 10 years. –Honestly, I don’t miss a day of it. I miss my friends and the communities we lived in, especially Birmingham, but the job itself is H A R D. Much respect to all my newsies.
- What is your word of advice to me? To remember that social media is 90% bullshit and real life is unfiltered. It can be both heartbreaking and triumphant. So decide what to be and go be it. –I love him.