For the first time in 3 years, I’m ditching my kids and husband and going on a girls trip. Can we say E X C I T E D!!! I am not sure I can sing it loud enough.
A million thoughts are going through my mind the night before I leave.
- What on earth do I pack?
- Do I have to clean the house?
- What about the laundry?
- Oh, since the kids are staying at grandma’s while my husband works…I guess I gotta pack their clothes.
- I always do, but this time I probably shouldn’t forget their toothbrushes.
- Pack the sunscreen.
- Stock the fridge with easy dinners.
- Finish up what work I can, so I don’t have to spend vacay at my laptop.
- I’ll actually have time to read! That’s a lot of pressure considering I haven’t read a book in a year… what do I choose?
- Gotta get my nails done, or at least paint them.
- Don’t forget to shave! Yow.
I’m probably forgetting 9,000 things but I can’t focus due to pure excitement. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kids and husband but a little ‘girl time’ is good for the soul. So here I am, 10 PM the night before my 6 AM flight about to pack.
A couple of things I’ve noticed:
Trip for 5: start planning 72 hours in advance.
Trip for 1: start about an hour before bed.
Trip for 5: 73 loads of laundry to prepare.
Trip for 1: Everything smells fine, just throw it in the bag.
Trip for 5: largest suitcases in the history of transportation.
Trip for 1: carry-on.
Trip for 5: 10 pairs of shoes, at minimum.
Trip for 1: 5 pairs of shoes…I’m still a girl.
Trip for 5: 5-8 different electronics and chargers.
Trip for 1: the iPhone is all I need.
Trip for 5: bring enough snacks to feed a small army.
Trip for 1: enjoy a hot Starbucks at the airport.
Now excuse me while I throw some things in a bag and catch a few hours of sleep.