This recipe is so easy and a huge hit at our house. I usually pair the nuggets with some broccoli or raw veggies.
We are on the go a lot immediately following school, this is one of those recipes that’s easy to throw in a bento box and head out the door.
I usually marinate the chicken in the milk and egg mix in the morning and prepare the dipping sauce. I then fry up the chicken right before the kids get home from school.
This also makes a great dinner for the entire family… WARNING! The nuggets go fast so make sure you cut up enough chicken!
Also, my recipe calls for peanut oil… it makes them taste like the real thing. If you have a peanut allergy in your house, that’s easy to substitute!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 pound boneless, skinless diced up chicken
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoons powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Peanut oil
- Combine 1 cup of milk and 1 egg in a large bowl.
- Add diced up chicken, cover and put in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Combine flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl for dipping.
- When chicken is finished marinating, dip chicken in shallow bowl of dry ingredients.
- Heat a few tablespoons of peanut (or any other oil) in a skillet.
- Take battered chicken, shake off excess batter and place in skillet.
- Let fry until golden brown.
- Remove chicken to a plate with paper towels to soak up excess grease.
- Repeat process until all chicken is fried.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of BBQ sauce
Mix together and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this recipe!!
Leave a Reply