Football is back in Ohio! Sure, the NFL and other conferences have already started playing… but in Ohio, The Ohio State Buckeyes will be back in action next Saturday, October 24th.
Football season is our family’s favorite time of the year. We spend our Saturdays in our media room glued to the TV and eating all the snacks. Since COVID, it’s just been our close family … even though our gatherings are smaller, doesn’t mean they are any less hungry!
Did you know there are an estimated 50 million Americans who tailgate every year? That’s a lot of fans…. but only 30% actually enter the game. So Home-gating isn’t too far from what most typically do!
My absolute FAVORITE go-to for Home-gating is Expresco Foods. Why? The chicken is already pre-marinated and pre-cooked, it’s so incredibly simple to toss it in the oven or on the grill and use it a variety of different ways.
I had the chance to chat with WBNS-10TV here in Columbus about my favorite recipes!
- Loaded Sweet Potato Rounds: Try this sweet twist on a fan favorite…bruschetta! Simply, cut 2 pounds of sweet potatoes into slices and toss in ½ Tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp chili powder and 1 tsp of salt. Place coated slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes on each side or until soft. Then, top with shredded cheese, thinly sliced green onions and a dollop of sour cream!
- Chicken and Waffle Skewers: A classic combo, chicken and waffles can be equally enjoyed in a stadium parking lot by skewering it on a stick. Wrap an Expresco Chicken skewer with a waffle and drizzle maple syrup over top.
- Buffalo Chicken Poppers: Buffalo is a tailgate staple! Switch up your typical buffalo chicken dip by making some buffalo chicken poppers! Slice your chicken into bite-sized pieces and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder. Then, bread the chicken bites and toss in hot sauce on the skillet!
- Crack dip: With a creamy cheesy base and loads of bacon and cheddar, it’s seasoned with ranch seasoning mix for a crowd pleasing favorite!
- Expresco Chicken and Beef Skewers – When the game is just days away, these gluten-free, allergen-free skewers will make your home-gating party a big winner with your friends and family! They are fully-cooked, grilled to perfection, and are a handy and excellent source of protein will keep fans full all night long.
What will you be making for a Home-gating experience?