I absolutely love having simple breakfasts planned before big holidays. There is nothing worse than preparing massive meals for the entire family and then everyone in your house waking up to ask: “what’s for breakfast, mom?”
So this morning I had the chance to do a couple quick cooking segments with WCPO and WKRC Local 12 in Cincinnati.
In honor of National Peanut Butter Lovers Month, I whipped up some no-bake breakfast parfaits.
But first, some peanut butter facts!
Did you know: The invention of peanut butter has long been falsely credited as belonging to George Washington Carver, who was an inventor who improved the welfare and nutrition of America’s farmers. In fact, in 1840 a New Yorker named Rose Davis started making peanut butter after her son saw Cuban women grinding the nuts and spreading them on bread. Crazy!
Here is my no-bake cookie parfait recipe, if you are not a fan of pumpkin, you can easily drop that part of the recipe.
Let me know if you plan to make these soon.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Parfait Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (optional if your fam likes pumpkin)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups prepared whipped topping
- 1 7 oz. pouch No-Bake Cookie Co. Peanut Butter Cookie (Crumble one cup of the cookies in a plastic baggie.)
1. In a medium bowl, stir yogurt, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Refrigerate until ready to assemble parfaits.
2. In another medium bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer on low until smooth and completely blended.
3. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.In each of 6 parfait glasses, sprinkle a thin layer of crushed cookies, spoon 1/4 cup pumpkin pudding; top each with 6 tablespoons cream cheese mousse mixture.
4. Repeat layers. Refrigerate 2 hours or until serving time.
5. Just before serving, top each parfait with a cookie.