Every Christmas Morning, after the presents are unwrapped and the kids are occupied, I make a brunch built for a kingdom.
We look forward to this Christmas morning breakfast/brunch all year long. It’s not complicated AT ALL. It’s just something we associate with the holidays, so I save my Christmas Morning Ham for that special day of the year.
My Christmas Ham recipe is probably the easiest thing I’ll share with you. In fact, you pop it in the oven the night before and let it roast all night. The smell of freshly baked ham in the oven when your kids jump on your heads because Santa arrived… is about the only thing that will keep you sane Christmas morning. Well… the ham, strong coffee and mimosas 😂
Here is my Christmas Ham Recipe + other some other fixin’s.
CHRISTMAS MORNING HAM
prep time 5 minutes
cook time 8-10 hours
total time 8 hours
Serves an entire family for breakfast, lunch + dinner depending on the size you buy
- 1 can or bottle of Sprite
- 1 fully cooked Sugardale ham (does not have to be Sugardale, but this is the brand I always buy)
- aluminum foil + 2-3 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Unwrap fully cooked ham
- Cover baking pan with a LOT of aluminum foil, use extra thick if you can find it
- Place ham on aluminum foil and create a “boat” around the ham
- Dump an entire can or bottle of Sprite on the ham trying to keep all the soda inside the aluminum foil boat
- Wrap the entire ham with aluminum foil and place in oven
- Bake the ham overnight (I usually put the ham in the oven when Jeff and I head off to bed between 10-midnight on Christmas Eve)
That’s it! When you wake up in the morning your home will smell absolutely divine and you will have a large part of breakfast complete. I serve our ham with scrambled eggs (kids) or eggs over easy with fresh grape tomatoes, mushrooms and green onions. I also like to have a dish of fresh fruit, some homemade (frozen) bread or Sourdough toast. I also serve our brunch with fresh squeezed juice and champagne. Gotta love those Christmas morning mimosas!
Leave a Reply