Only 3 days until Christmas… I read a really great Instagram post yesterday from a blogger I follow who celebrated Christmas early. She had some perspective on how we will all feel on December 26th. Exhausted, maybe hungover and slightly sad it’s all over. She advised us to stop stressing, stop shopping, we have enough. The kids have enough.
I think that’s the best advice I could have read, but even with that, I am sitting here on December 22nd slightly stressed over things that are out of my control and some things that are in my control… like buying my husband a gift. Oy.
99% of my shopping is complete, but I am still going to go out for the first and last time to pick up some very last minute to grab a few things. If you’re in the same boat as I am…perhaps this little list will come in handy!
- Chunkies Markers – my kids have simply loved getting these in their stockings every year. They are mess free (mostly) and always a fan favorite in our house.
- Books – books are never exciting to open when there are toys upon toys, but when the dust settles my kids love looking through their new books. If you have access to a store that carries Usborne books, these are our absolute favorites and they are clearly marked for different ages and subjects.
- Movies or movie subscription – we have a DVD player in our minivan and usually take a car trip right after Christmas, so getting new DVDs from Santa is always exciting. If you don’t have a DVD player, maybe a subscription to Hulu or Disney +.
- Zoo membership or other “experiences” – this is something that can be purchased at any time and really is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Clothes – I know, not the most glamorous, but I don’t buy my kids a lot of new clothes throughout the year. They really look forward to Christmas morning seeing new clothes, and comfy socks from Santa. Especially pajamas.
- Blankets, slippers or robes – anything cozy during the holiday season is a great last minute purchase.
- Food delivery service or subscription – maybe a subscription to Hello Fresh or Instacart would be just the perfect gift for that hard to buy for person. You could also purchase a year membership to GrubHub or UberEats if it’s available in your area.
- Online gym membership or personal trainer – I’ve talked about the many, many MANY benefits of working out via Zoom. I haven’t seen another person while working out since February and honestly, it’s the best thing for this busy mom of 4. There are so many options out there too!
- Pictures – you can get photos printed fast, even at Walgreens and buy a frame at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Our parents always love receiving photos of the grandkids.
- Wine or spirits – simple, yet satisfying. Maybe put together a cute gift box or basket with a few recipe cards
Anyone else have any last minute gift ideas for the kids or adults in your life? I’d love to hear them, comment below and let us know!
Leave a Reply