I’m sure you read the title of this blog post and rolled your eyes so hard they may not come out of your head, but hear me out!
I recently stumbled upon a curry recipe from Half Baked Harvest (my FAVORITE food blogger) and thought we’d give it a whirl. I made some modifications that I think enhanced the dish and made it more approachable. All 4 of my kids (even the baby) enjoyed this meal. I hope you all enjoy it too!
As always, let me know if you decide to make it!
*can always sub our rice noodles for rice of your choice.*
KID-FRIENDLY CHICKEN CURRY WITH RICE NOODLES
cook time 15 minutes hours
total time 30 minutes
- 8 ounces rice noodles (cooked according to package)
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 ears sweet corn kernels, removed from the cob
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2-3 tablespoons Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 14 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1. Cook rice noodles according to package.
2. Toss together the chicken, curry powder, garlic, ginger 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the chicken and brown all over.
3. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onion and cook 5 minutes or until fragrant. Add the chicken, corn, broccoli. Cook the veggies another 5 minutes or until they just begin to soften.
3. Stir in the curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add the coconut milk, 1/3-1/2 cup water, fish sauce, and honey. Stir to combine, bring the mixture to a boil, cook 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice, cilantro.
6. Divide the rice noodle among bowls and spoon the curry overtop. Top with cilantro and Enjoy!