Have you seen the Tortilla Wrap Trend on TikTok?
I went down a rabbit hole one too many times watching food bloggers make the coolest tortilla wrap creations. I just had to try it for myself.
Next month, Jeff and I trying to make more vegetarian dishes for 30 days. It’s part of our “clean eating” in 2021. I’ve already started dabbling with a few recipes and made buffalo cauliflower and house made ranch to die for!!!!!! Jeff and I gobbled this up in just a few minutes, so I wanted to take it a step further.
Tonight, I combined the two recipes into the Tortilla Wrap Craze and the results were super satisfying…our entire family enjoyed these!
If buffalo cauliflower isn’t your thing, you could easily sub it out for tofu or chicken.
Let me know if you try this recipe out! *this looks like a ton of steps, but I promise it’s super easy*
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time (cauliflower) 20 minutes
total: 45 minutes
serves 1 per wrap
for the cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water (you could also use milk)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (fresh or minced)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons water if too thick
for the buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
for the ranch (you can always use pre-made ranch or avocado dressing here)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic (powder is best)
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (optional)
sides for tortilla wrap
- large burrito tortilla shells (any kind you like here!)
- lettuce (arugula, spinach or romaine)
- Mexican cheese blend
- avocado (optional)
- green onions (optional)
- limes (garnish)
- cilantro (garnish)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, water or milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper until batter is smooth.
- Coat cauliflower with batter and set on baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- While baking, combine the hot sauce, melted butter and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower after and bake for another 10 minutes until crisp. Be careful they don’t burn!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RANCH:
- Mix all ingredients together until blended smooth
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WRAP:
- Cut down the center of your tortillas, then add the buffalo cauliflower, tofu or chicken to one corner
- Add the greens and avocado to another corner
- Add ranch to next corner
- Add the cheese to last corner
- Fold it all up
- Pan fry it with vegetable or canola oil with sea salt
- Sprinkle lime juice and top with cilantro (optional)