March is National Nutrition Month. While, I take this month to heart, I also don’t want to sacrifice flavor in my daily diet. That’s why I think you will love today’s breakfast recipe!
Earlier today, I had the chance to catch up with the folks at Living Dayton to chat about this important month. It’s no secret that food brings people together, and during March, there’s no better reason to get your friends and family (SAFELY) around a table filled with better-for-you options.
National Nutrition Month is an educational campaign that was created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics to focus on the importance of making informed food choices and developing healthy food habits.
Some ways you can develop better eating/physical habits:
- Choose nutrient-dense foods: Foods that are high in vitamins, minerals, fiber and other important nutrients that are still low in calories.
- Choose healthy food substitutions: Simple substitutions help reduce the amount of calories, fat and sodium, which can lead to a healthier diet. For example, you can eat brown rice instead of white rice. Brown rice is more filling because it is filled with fiber and nutrients.
- Be mindful of portion sizes: Eat and drink the amount of foods/liquids that are recommended for your height and bodyweight. That’s an average of 8 eight-ounce glasses of water per day!
Did you know that bone broth packs a powerful punch of nutrients like protein, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin A and K2… both important for energy levels. It’s easy to slip some bone broth into various recipes…. my personal favorite brand is LonoLife. Which I use in today’s recipe!
BACON EGG SCRAMBLE
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6-8 eggs (depending on how many you serve)
- ¼ Sweet onion or green onions
- ½ cup LonoLife Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dice up the bacon and onion. Then place into a hot skillet.
- While bacon is cooking, crack eggs into a bowl.
- Add the bone broth, salt, pepper and paprika into bowl and whisk until combined.
- Turn the stove to medium low and slowly pour the eggs right over the bacon pieces.
- Take a rubber spatula and continuously stir until eggs are scrambled and to your liking. (About 5 minutes.)
- Remove and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply