In celebration of Frozen Food Month, I had the chance to chat with the talented folks at Living Dayton about how keeping frozen staples in your freezer can make cooking and baking easier and more delicious!
What makes frozen products so important and how can we use them in our recipes?
Keeping the freezer full of healthy and delicious foods has many advantages!
- Quality and consistency: Frozen products meet high quality standards that must be proven consistent before sold.
- Convenience: You can get a head start with recipes by having some of the food ready to go right from the freezer. Super easy when you’ve had a long day at work or are busy with kids extracurriculars.
- Waste-free: You can indulge as much as you would like but store the rest for months because frozen products will not expire as quickly.
- During the entire month of March, many supermarkets will have discounts on a variety of frozen foods, so now is the time to stock up!
Today’s recipe is so unique and absolutely delicious if you have a sweet tooth or are craving breakfast for dinner.
Julian’s Recipe Blueberry & Brie Melt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Julian’s Recipe Wafels
- brie cheese, thinly sliced
1. Combine the blueberries, lemon zest and sugar in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for about 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened.
3. Place the butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Then place your wafels into the pan.
4. Add 4-5 slices of brie cheese on top followed by a generous scoop of the blueberry compote.
5. Add the second wafel on top and then flip! Allow 2-3 minutes per side or until golden.
6. Serve while hot and enjoy!
*More about Julian’s Recipe: Julian’s Recipe bakes authentic European wafels and Artisan Bread that give you a taste of the Old-World and leave you thinking it was your first time getting the true wafel experience. All Julian’s Recipe products are crafted with wholesome ingredients that you can pronounce, so you know you’re eating a delicious, high quality product. All Julian’s Recipe products can be stored in your freezer and be prepared in minutes for one or for the entire family.