This is one of my absolute favorite summer recipes.
I make this meal for a lot of family gatherings and cookouts we have during the spring and summer months. Some people have even coined it my WORLD FAMOUS CHICKEN, Ha!
I like to make this meal in a bowl with leafy greens and quinoa or with a Mediterranean Orzo Salad. This week, I wanted to share my orzo salad recipe. It’s so fresh and flavorful, and absolutely perfect for eating outside during the spring and summer evenings.
This is a family favorite that even the kids love. I hope you love it as much as we do!
HONEY CHIPOTLE CHICKEN
prep time: 10 minutes
marinate time: 2 hours
cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce, from a can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and season with salt and pepper.
- Put in plastic baggie and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chipotle adobo sauce, honey, mustards, cilantro and garlic. Pour the marinade over the chicken, covering it evenly in the plastic bag.
- Place it in the fridge and marinate for at least 2 hours, or even overnight.
- While chicken marinates you can prepare the Orzo Salad.
- When you’re ready, grill the chicken on an outdoor grill or heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with a bit of olive oil. Until the chicken is deeply browned on both sides, about 6-8 minutes per side.
MEDITERRANEAN ORZO SALAD
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 9 minutes
total time: 24 minutes
- 1.5 cups orzo
- 1 package of fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half or 3rds
- 4 mini sliced cucumbers
- 1 large avocado cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cook orzo al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Prep and chop your other ingredients.
- Once the orzo has cooled, add 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add rest of ingredients to a large bowl.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice.