Beef! It’s what’s for dinner.
Did you say this in your head when you read the first word, or is that just me?
May is National Beef Month, which sheds a spotlight on American Cattle Farmers and the many, many health benefits of beef. As we start to make plans and return to life as we once knew it, it’s important to remain active and consider better nutrition is always needed, which is why I wanted to share this delicious recipe with you!
I chatted with my good friends at WOIO in Cleveland on the Cribbs in the CLE show this morning sharing my favorite low-carb beef tostada recipe. You can slow cook the beef the night before or in the morning on your way out the door for an easy weeknight meal.
Low-Carb Shredded Beef Tostadas
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 6-8 hours
- 1.5 lb. beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon Everything But Bagel Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of onion salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups of LonoLife Beef Bone Broth
- 10low-carb corn tortillas
- Guacamole (made with 3 avocados, cilantro, minced garlic, lime and red onion)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce (or cabbage), shredded
- Sour Cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Salsa to taste (optional)
- Season roast with Everything but Bagel seasoning salt and pepper. Coat evenly on all sides.
- Place seasoned roast in slow cooker. Add LonoLife Beef Bone Broth around the roast; cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred with two forks and set aside.
- Heat tortillas on a large skillet over medium low heat for 7-10 minutes or until tortillas become firm and curl. Be careful not to char.
- Make guacamole (if making homemade) and prepare other ingredients.
- Spread guacamole on each tostada. Top with beef, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro and other toppings.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
*Leftover chuck roast is also great for burritos and nachos, too!*
More about LonoLife:
LonoLife bone broth is super easy to consume and packs a couple key nutrients to help you lighten up:
- A powerful 10 grams of protein to keep you going
- Collagen is thought to boost metabolism and energy levels, so you just might be hopping, and not crawling, out of bed.
- Collagen is also thought to help boost your mood. When you feel better, you are better.
- Bone broth has also been shown to slow the signs of aging, improve skin health and even enhance gut health!
- You can use Bone Broth in a soup, marinade, with grains or just in a cup to go!
Leave a Reply