This summer, we’re ready to get adventurous! From taking advantage of the great outdoors to enjoying the season’s best live events, sporting events and concerts. When it comes to snacks and drinks to fuel our summer plans, I’m excited to keep it local and Ohio-Proud!
Why do I like to shop local? It’s pretty simple, it helps stimulate the local economy and in turn, helps shape our community’s unique character and personality.
Whether you’re boating this summer, tailgating or having a backyard BBQ, consider buying from local Ohio brands!
Here are some of my favorites:
- VIVE Hard Seltzer: is brewed in Northern Kentucky, but is distributed across the river in the Cincinnati-area. VIVE is easy and portable, making it ideal for last minute get-togethers or days on the boat.
- Buckeye Vodka: is locally made right here in Ohio, with each small-batch carefully handcrafted from beginning to end. I recommend trying out the Jammin’ Cocktail, made with raspberry jam and Buckeye Vodka!
- Graeter’s Ice Cream: has been using quality ingredients to produce authentic, hand-crafted French Pot ice cream for 150 years, making it the perfectly decadent sweet treat for summer. Graeter’s originated in Cincinnati, OH. Head down to your local scoop shop and try some of Graeter’s Ice Cream’s seasonal bonus flavors!
- Mikesell’s: has been a family-owned business for over 100 years! They take pride in their continuing tradition of producing delicious snacks in Dayton, Ohio. Pour your favorite Mikesell’s in a dish with a side of dip, and watch ‘em disappear!
- High Bank Distillery: locally distilled in Columbus, but now available throughout the Buckeye State, High Bank Distillery distills Whiskey, Gin, Vodka and Rum. Their Whiskey was just awarded Best Whiskey Blend in America by the San Francisco World Spirits Competition! I recommend a Good Old Fashioned as a summer nightcap.
BUCKEYE VODKA OHIO’S FAVORITE JAMMIN’ COCKTAIL
total time: 5 minutes
• 2 oz Buckeye Vodka
• 1 oz Club Soda
• 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
• 1 oz Seedless Raspberry Jam • 1 Sprig Fresh Mint
• Lime Slices
How to Make: Whisk together lime juice and jam in a tall glass. Stir in Buckeye Vodka, club soda, mint, and sliced lime. Serve over ice.
THE HIGH BANK DISTILLERY ORIGINAL OLD FASHIONED
total time: 5 minutes
2 oz Whiskey
2 Dashes Ango Bitters
1/4 oz Demerara
How to Make: Add 2 oz. of Rye Whiskey to whiskey glass, then add 2 dashes of bitters, next add demerara or a sugar cube, stir. Add orange peel as a garnish.
Here’s the link from today’s segment: https://www.fox19.com/video/2021/06/10/tri-state-summer-favorites/