Can you believe next weekend is the Fourth of July!? I feel like this year is flying by especially compared to last.
Today I was able to visit with my friends at a Living Dayton to showcase two local businesses that are perfect for the holiday. Whether you are hosting a small get-together, having a picnic or going boating￼ these recipes are the perfect way to celebrate.
First, let’s chat about this amazing holiday. ￼￼￼
- The United States didn’t actually declare independence on the 4th of July, that’s just when the news was published in newspapers. The official vote took place on July 2nd.
- 50 million hot dogs will be enjoyed by Americans on the 4th of July.
- Americans spend over $1 billion on fireworks every year for the 4th of July.
- There have been 27 different versions of the U.S. flag since the one first debuted in 1777, due to new state additions.
Now, let’s get to those recipes! Mikesell’s Potato Chip Cookie: This recipe is the perfect salty, sweet and ooey-gooey combo to take your traditional chocolate chip cookies to the next level. Big chocolate chunks promise chocolate in every bite and our groovy chips ensure the salty, crunchy experience we look for in all of our favorite desserts.
Buckeye Vodka’s Very Berry cocktail: Looking for the perfect 4th of July cocktail? Try #1 Ohio-made vodka, Buckeye Vodka, with blueberries, strawberries and club soda! This simple but delicious red, white and blue recipe promises to be a holiday favorite!
Mikesell’s Potato Chip Cookies
- 2 cups coarsely broken Mikesell’s Groovy Potato Chips
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix wet ingredients first… butter, vanilla eggs.
- Next add both sugars, baking soda and salt mixing until incorporated, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and Mikesell’s Potato Chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoon) drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them well apart.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until the edges are golden
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5-7 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Buckeye Vodka’s Red, Whit & Blue Cocktail
- 5 oz Buckeye Vodka
- 5 oz Lemon Juice
- Club Soda
- Add blueberries, sliced strawberries and ice to a glass.
- Pour vodka and lemon juice into glass
- Top with club soda – Enjoy!
Leave a Reply