There is something so “summery” about shish-kebabs. Opening up the grill cover to see fresh, bright, colorful skewers sizzling. Did you know, July 14th is National Kebab Day?! A great time to try a new recipe.
While there are dozens of ways to marinate and prepare kebabs, there really is only one type of meat I go with and that’s Expresco Chicken Skewers. The amazing thing about these skewers, they are already pre-cooked and pre-marinated with Mediterranean herbs and spices. This is a GUARANTEED family-approved recipe you will want to add to your digital cookbook.
Let me know if you try it! You can add peppers and onions to the skewers, or serve it with an Orzo Salad like we did.
FOR THE CHICKEN SKEWERS MARINADE
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 9-12 minutes
total time: 20 minutes
- 1-2 packages of Expresco Chicken Skewers or chicken breast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons stone mustard
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tablespoon Everything But Bagel Seasoning
- sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes
- Prepare chicken according to package at 400° for 9-12 minutes
- Make marinade by mixing all ingredients together in a large bowl with whisk
- When the skewers are done, let them cool before placing them in a shallow dish or plastic bag with marinade. Let marinate for a few hours.
- Cook skewers on stove top, in oven or grill until cooked all the way through.
FOR THE ORZO SALAD
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 9 minutes
total time: 24 minutes
- 1.5 cups orzo
- 1 package of fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 package cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half or 3rds
- 4 mini sliced cucumbers
- 1 large avocado cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and pepper
- Cook orzo al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Prep and chop your other ingredients.
- Once the orzo has cooled, add 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Add rest of ingredients to a large bowl.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime juice.