Every July is National Pickle Month… the month to celebrate everything pickle related! I am super excited to join Windy City Live and Good Day Chicago this week with my favorite pickle recipe!
When it comes to pickles, you can eat them straight from the jar but spicing them up in a new, delicious recipe is a no-brainer!
Did you know??
- The mighty pickle is over 4,000 years old.
- Nutritional benefits of the pickle were lauded by such historical figures as Cleopatra and Julius Caesar.
- Even with all their popularity in the Old World, pickles would not make their appearance in North America until 1492. The one responsible for their introduction was none other than Christopher Columbus.
- The first known printed fried pickle recipe was in the Oakland Tribune on November 19, 1962, for “French Fried Pickles,” which called for using sweet pickle slices and pancake mix.
- Americans eat about nine pounds of pickles a year.
Air Fried Pickles
- 2 cups dill pickle slices
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of Panko OR Breadcrumbs OR Southern Recipe Pork Rinds (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Sea salt for flavor
- Cut pickles into slices and pat dry – thick or thin slices, it’s up to you.
- Mix panko, breadcrumbs or pork rinds, paprika and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Add almond flour and sea salt to a second bowl.
- Beat two eggs in a third bowl.
- Dredge pickle slices in almond flour, coat in egg, then cover generously with crushed mix.
- Cook in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 375 °F.
- Enjoy with your favorite keto-friendly dip!