Did you know that August 19th is National Hot and Spicy Food Day?!
I’m a huge fan of spicy foods, and if you love hamburgers and are looking for a fun spin on a traditional burger…. this recipe is for you.
Did you know:
- According to archaeologists, people have been using hot and spicy seasonings in their food for more than 6,000 years!
- Christopher Columbus discovered chili peppers when he first visited the Americas in 1493.
- People who love fiery food have been dubbed pyro-gourmaniacs.
- Chili peppers are high in vitamins, a good source of beta-carotene, calcium, and potassium, and may help reduce cholesterol.
- The best way to ease the burn of flaming hot peppers or an overly-spicy meal is with cold milk or yogurt. Avoid water, as it won’t mix with the oil and will only result in moving the heat to other parts of your mouth.
Mikesell’s Good N’ Hot Burger Kebabs:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 18 minutes
- 1 cup Mikesell’s Good N’ Hot Potato Chips, crushed or any kind of potato chip
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Mix your ground beef, Italian sausage, crushed Mikesell’s Good N’ Hot chips, mustard, garlic, egg and Worcestershire sauce.
- Form mixture into meatballs.
- Pan fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Assemble kebobs with your favorite burger toppings. (lettuce, cheese slices, tomatoes, etc.)
Leave a Reply