The unofficial end of summer is this weekend. This afternoon I joined my friends at Living Dayton to showcase a delicious cocktail recipe that’s perfect for Labor Day weekend! This recipe doesn’t contain heavy, sugary and caloric cocktails. Instead, I’m mixing the sweet, naturally fruit-packed flavors of VIVE Hard Seltzer with the clean, smooth taste of Ohio’s #1 vodka, Buckeye Vodka!
Here are some fun facts about Labor Day weekend.
- On June 28, 1894, Congress passed an act making the first Monday in September of each year a legal holiday in the District of Columbia and the territories.
- Labor Day is considered the ‘unofficial NFL season kickoff.’ 99.44 percent of the time, the NFL plays its first official season game the Thursday after Labor Day.
- Labor Day unofficially marks the end of peak hot dog season. Americans typically eat seven billion hot dogs between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
- Labor Day is tied with Memorial Day as the second most popular holiday for grilling.
VIVE’s Watermelon PUNCH Cocktail
- 5 oz of VIVE Sunrise PUNCH or any VIVE drink you’d like
- 2 oz of Buckeye Vodka
- 2 oz of Watermelon Juice
- 1 oz of lemon juice
- Lemon (for garnish)
- Pour VIVE Sunrise PUNCH in glass over ice.
- Add all other ingredients into a shaker, with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into your glass with VIVE Sunrise PUNCH.
- Top with VIVE Sunrise PUNCH as needed, garnish with a lemon in your cup and on the rim – enjoy!