Today I had the chance to appear on WCPO in Cincinnati to share a few new fall cocktail recipes. Because I really can’t get enough Fall Cocktails…. here are the recipes for you to enjoy this weekend! And just because I love fun facts, here are a couple about Fall (which begins on September 22nd). The day after Jude’s second birthday, oy!
- People like pumpkins for nostalgia! Studies have shown that what we really love about pumpkins is the sense of nostalgia they make us feel. Pumpkins represent farm life and tradition, which is a romantic idea for many Americans, and one we’re very attached to. Basically, we love the idea of pumpkins and the imagery surrounding them.
- Bobbing for apples used to be a British courting ritual! Males were assigned an apple, and females would bob for them, trying to get the right apple from the man she wanted. If she did, it meant they were destined to be together.
For both of these recipes I used Buckeye Vodka. I love BV because it’s local and affordable. Top shelf isn’t too far out of reach with Buckeye Vodka!
Pumpkin Spice Martini
- 2 oz Vodka
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Pinch of pumpkin pie spice
How to Make:
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Add pumpkin puree, simple syrup, vodka, Bailey’s, and pumpkin pie spice; shake for about 30 seconds.
3. Pour into chilled martini glass.
- 2 oz vodka
- 3 oz Apple Juice or Cider
- ½ oz fresh orange juice
- ½ oz pure maple syrup
- 2 dashes of bitters
How to Make:
1. Combine Buckeye Vodka, lemon juice, orange juice, maple syrup and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until blended.
2. Strain over ice then serve.