Whether you saw it coming from a mile away, or it smacked you right in the face, it’s officially Fall, y’all! Americans love fall…especially chunky sweaters, rustic farmhouse decor and alllll things pumpkin!
During the next few days I will appear on 5 different networks to share my Pumpkin Spice Coffeehouse Treat Recipe featuring Don Francisco’s Coffee (my FAV!) for National Coffee Day, which is September 29th!
First, how about some coffee fun facts:
- Coffee dates back to 800 A.D.!
- Coffee is 98% water with only one ingredient. A lot of people will get their sugar fix with flavored coffee like Blueberry or Pumpkin Spice.
- There are only two species of coffee Arabica and Robusta.
- There are several ways to brew your coffee: regular brewing method in a pot, Keurig and the espresso compatible capsules…. You may not know this but, the roasting process is where you get the flavor!
- The best way to store coffee is in air-tight container in the freezer.
DIY CREAMY COFFEEHOUSE TREAT:
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Don Francisco’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1.5 cups Half and Half (or dairy-free substitute)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. cloves
- Brew Don Francisco’s Pumpkin Spice Ground Coffee.
- Pour the half-and-half (or dairy-free substitute) into a saucepan over a medium heat, then add all of the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Let it simmer until frothy, then remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture and set aside. Add brewed coffee to two glasses and then top with the hot cream mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Top each mug with a generous dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
Leave a Reply