Football season is here, and we all know it means more than just watching the game. Tailgating (or home-gating) is a major part of celebrating football and coming together to cheer on your favorite teams. One of the most important parts of any tailgate or homegate is the drinks! Two of my tailgating go-to’s are Buckeye Vodka and The Long Drink!
Before we kick off my newest recipe, here are some Tailgating Tips:
- Coolers: You should have at least two—one for food and one for drinks, so guests aren’t inconvenienced when all they want is a snack.
- Prep at home: Marinate kebabs, cut up vegetables for dipping, make your dips and sauces, form your burger patties, and soak your wooden skewers (so they don’t catch fire on the grill).
- Make a portable bar: Bring the bar to your tailgate! You can either pack a plethora of different types of liquor in your cooler, or bring a pop up bar to set up shop! *Pro Tip: Unload your items onto a table. You can get as cute or basic as you want, but at the very least place them in order from left to right: cups, liquor, juice, garnish. Then let guests mix their own cocktail creations!
Sparkling Caramel Apple Cider
- 2 oz Buckeye Vodka
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider
- 1 Tbsp. Caramel Sauce
- Ginger Beer
- Mix Buckeye Vodka, apple cider, and caramel sauce in a tumbler.
- Pour over ice and top with ginger beer.