Recently, we took an adults trip to Naples, FL. It was so wonderful to get away for a quick weekend for some fun in the sun at one of the most beautiful places in Florida.
Traveling from Ohio, we had long delays in Atlanta during our departure and return flights. I don’t really mind layovers when we are kid-free, ha! It’s when we have to entertain the kids that it gets tricky. As we landed in Atlanta during our return flight, I did a google search for the best restaurant in the ATL airport and quickly landed on a small spot in Terminal E called One Flew South.
HOLY MOLY! Not only was it the best restaurant I’ve ever eaten at, at an airport…. I’d venture to say it was one of the best restaurants I’ve been to in a long time… period.
They were out of sushi (we did have a late flight) — so I decided to try their Asian Noodle Salad with crispy wontons, pickled carrots, sesame seeds, roasted red peppers, and a sesame ginger dressing. I practically licked my plate, and decided I needed to rush home and try to recreate this recipe. I’m sure it’s not exactly how the chefs in ATL make it, but it’s pretty darn close!
Let me know if you try my take on this easy recipe.
SESAME GINGER RAMEN
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
- 2 packs of ramen (cooked, al dente)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 2-3 mini cucumbers cut
For the sauce/dressing
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sriracha to taste
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- Crispy wontons
- Everything But Bagel Seasoning
- Green onions (optional)
- Cook ramen according to package, but 1-2 minutes less than usual (al dente), drain and set aside
- Saute vegetables in a 2 tablespoons sesame oil for about 3 minutes or until tender and set aside
- Add ramen to large pan with vegetables and add the sesame ginger dressing, mix and cook for additional 2-3 minutes
- Serve with crispy wontons, green onions and Everything But Bagel seasoning
- Serve hot or chilled!