I had the chance to join my friends at WCPO in Cincinnati a few times this month to share a couple different recipes. The first recipe, Graeter’s Ice Cream’s Pumpkin Spice Sundae. H O L Y moly! Is this the most delicious recipe. It’s perfect for the season and those who live for pumpkin spice. My second appearance was to feature some Buckeye Vodka Halloween Cocktails.
Let’s chat a little about Pumpkin Spice and Halloween before we dive into the recipes.
- Pumpkin spice is traditionally a combination of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger and sometimes allspice.
- It is suggested that Americans are so obsessed with the pumpkin spice trend because it’s a limited flavor.
- As for the popular pumpkin flavor, the pumpkin spice craze might have started with the launch of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice latte in 2003.
- Pumpkin smells and flavors are always nostalgic of our favorite fall memories.
Did you know?
- Ohio is the home to the world’s longest haunted house! Lewisburg Haunted Cave is located 80 feet underground and is 3,564 feet long!
- The origins of Halloween date back as early as 2,000 years! The ancient Celtic festival of Samhain was celebrated on October 31st. The Celts believed that the dead returned to Earth that night, so they wore costumes and lit bonfires to ward off the ghosts.
- Jack o’ Lanterns have a fascinating history. Based on an Irish folktale, large turnips and potatoes were carved with scary faces and placed near windows to ward off wandering spirits, including the notable Stingy Jack, who cheated the devil.
Pumpkin Spice Sundae
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 scoop of Graeter’s Pumpkin Ice Cream or your favorite brand
- Homemade Spice Cookie
- Whipped Cream
- Butterscotch Dessert Sauce
- Top your spice cake with Graeter’s Pumpkin Ice Cream and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Then, drizzle with butterscotch dessert sauce and pecans for the perfect fall dessert!
Blood Orange Martini
- 2 oz Buckeye Vodka
- 1 oz Cointreau
- ½ oz blood orange juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- Fresh blood orange
- Maraschino cherry
How to Make:
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Buckeye Vodka, Cointreau, blood orange juice, and simple syrup; shake for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a fresh blood orange slice and a maraschino cherry.
Spiced Pumpkin Cooler
- 5 oz Buckeye Vodka
- 1 oz Kahlua Liqueur
- 1 oz heavy cream
- Pumpkin spice
How to Make:
- Combine liquids over ice and stir.
- Garnish with pumpkin spice to taste.
Leave a Reply