Crap! Someone asked you to bring dessert and Thanksgiving is TOMORROW!
This Apple Pie recipe is the EASIEST. I am not even exaggerating when I say that. It only takes about 20 minutes to throw together, and it tastes out of this world! Everyone will think you’re the hero of the day when you roll into Thanksgiving with this killer pie.
Let me know if you make it and Happy Thanksgiving, friends.
7 INGREDIENTS EASY APPLE PIE
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 10 Honey Crisp Apples (peeled) you could also use Granny Smith Apples
- Cinnamon for topping
- Vanilla Ice Cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel the Honey Crisp Apples. Chop and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in flour until thick.
- Then add 1/4 cup of water and both sugars, bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pie pan.
- Fill with chopped apples
- Cover with a lattice work crust from second pie crust
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust, sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Put in oven for 15 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30-40 minutes depending on your oven, be sure to watch around the 25 minute mark. I’ve made this twice in two different ovens and the outcomes were completely different!
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream