If you’re in the market for a unique Holiday side dish, this one is screaming directly at you! I made these for my good friends on Cribbs in the CLE (WOIO) this morning and only wish it wasn’t through Zoom … because not only does this dish fill your home with the sweetest smell, they taste even better than they smell!
Enjoy this savory side dish!
Roasted Brussels + Butternut Squash with Almond Butter-Maple Syrup Glaze
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts cut into halves
- 1 butternut squash cut into cube-like pieces (frozen is fine)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 4 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water (to thin if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and squash on a baking tray and drizzle with oil (about 3 tablespoons).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until golden for about 40 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts and squash roast, mix together the Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter, olive oil (1 tablespoon), and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Add water if needed to thin the sauce.
- When the Brussels sprouts and squash are done roasting, add them to the large sauce bowl.
- Mix well until they are coated evenly.
- Add in the cranberries and pecans and serve immediately.