I can’t believe we are only a few days away from Christmas! It seems like the days drag on until December, and then fly by like the blink of an eye once December 1st rolls around.
Every year I share my favorite holiday recipes, so I decided to compile 12 of my favorites into one blog post. I hope you find these helpful as you plan to set your dinner table this week.
Happy Holidays friends, and thank you so much for following along. I can’t wait to see what 2022 has in store!
12 Holiday Recipes from She’s Becoming Domestic
1. CHRISTMAS TREE CHARCUTERIE BOARD
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- Provolone cheese (star cookie cutter)
- Chicken skewers
- Grapes (I added these Carnival Grapes, they taste like cotton candy!)
- Colby cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Peppered salami
- Fresh rosemary to garnish
2. CAPRESE SALAD WREATH
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 lb fresh sliced mozzarella
- Fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grilled cherry tomatoes (I like to grill with avocado oil)
- Balsamic glaze (brown sugar and balsamic boiled for 5 min)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with Rosemary
3. CHRISTMAS MORNING HAM
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 8-10 hours
TOTAL TIME: 8 hours
Serves an entire family for breakfast, lunch + dinner depending on the size you buy
- 1 can or bottle of Sprite
- 1 fully cooked ham (I like Sugardale brand)
- Aluminum foil + baking dish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Unwrap fully cooked ham
- Cover baking pan with a LOT of aluminum foil, use extra thick if you can find it
- Place ham on aluminum foil and create a “boat” around the ham
- Dump an entire can or bottle of Sprite on the ham trying to keep all the soda inside the aluminum foil boat
- Wrap the entire ham with aluminum foil and place in oven
- Bake the ham overnight (I usually put the ham in the oven when Jeff and I head off to bed between 10-midnight on Christmas Eve)
4. ROASTED BRUSSELS + BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH ALMOND BUTTER-MAPLE GLAZE
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts cut into halves
- 1 butternut squash cut into cube-like pieces (frozen is fine)
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter
- 4 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water (to thin if needed)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and squash on a baking tray and drizzle with oil (about 3 tablespoons).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until golden for about 40 minutes.
- While the Brussels sprouts and squash roast, mix together the Barney Butter Bare Smooth Almond Butter, olive oil (1 tablespoon), and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Add water if needed to thin the sauce.
- When the Brussels sprouts and squash are done roasting, add them to the large sauce bowl.
- Mix well until they are coated evenly.
- Add in the cranberries and pecans and serve immediately.
5. SAVORY MAC + CHEESE
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour
- 1 cup Mikesell’s Original Potato Chips, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz. elbow macaroni
- Green onions and bacon (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a shallow gratin dish.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over moderate heat. Add the flour and mustard and cook, stirring until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add the cheese and stir until melted and completely smooth. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, and keep it warm over very low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot of boiling well-salted water, cook the pasta until al dente and drain well. Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to coat completely. Pour into the buttered gratin dish and top with the crumbled Mikesell’s Potato Chips. Bake about 10-15 minutes
- Top with cooked bacon bits and green onions (optional)
6. CHRISTMAS DAY LASAGNA
sauce 1 hour
prep time 20 minutes
cook time 30 minutes
total time 1 hour 45 minutes
Serves 10-16 people
- 1 pkg Barilla Lasagna noodles
- 48 oz. Spaghetti Sauce (add 1 lb. Italian Sausage and 1 lb. ground beef)
- 15 oz. tub of Ricotta Cheese
- 16 oz. package of Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. Parmesan Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Oregano
- 1 cup yellow union chopped, or onion powder
- 2 gloves of garlic
- Large baking dish
- Wax paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease large baking dish
- Boil water (add some olive oil) cook lasagna noodles al dente
- While noodles cook, mix cheeses in large mixer, then add 2 large eggs and oregano, set aside
- Once noodles are finished, drain them immediately and set them out individually on wax paper so they do not stick and the can cool (the noodles will be HOT! use a glove or tongs)
- Now you’re ready to layer! Start with sauce in the greased baking dish, then layer with 3 lasagna noodles. Next add a layer of cheese mix, add another layer of meat sauce, add another layer of 3 noodles and repeat until the baking dish is full. Add another layer of meat sauce and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven at 350 for 30 minutes
- Let set for 15-20 minutes before serving, and enjoy!
*you can always make the sauce 2-3 days in advance and then prepare the lasagna the day before serving
MEATLESS OPTION: Make or buy meatless spaghetti sauce, I usually make two pots of sauce (one with, one without meat) when I’m preparing this dish. Add 2 pkgs of frozen, drained spinach (defrosted) and layer on top of each cheese layer. I usually throw together a really simple salad, garlic bread and viola! The perfect Christmas Day fixin’s!
7. MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1 minutes
Total: 6 minutes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crushed up peppermint, chocolate chips, sprinkle powdered sugar on the top!
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large microwave-safe mug; stir in milk, canola oil, water, and vanilla extract.
- Cook in microwave until cake is done in the middle, about 1 minute.
- Add toppings and enjoy!
8. EASY APPLE PIE
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 10 Honey Crisp Apples (peeled) you could also use Granny Smith Apples
- Cinnamon for topping
- Vanilla Ice Cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel the Honey Crisp Apples. Chop and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in flour until thick.
- Then add 1/4 cup of water and both sugars, bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Place the bottom crust in your pie pan.
- Fill with chopped apples
- Cover with a lattice work crust from second pie crust
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust, sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Put in oven for 15 minutes
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for another 30-40 minutes depending on your oven, be sure to watch around the 25 minute mark. I’ve made this twice in two different ovens and the outcomes were completely different!
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
9. COUSIN EDDIE’S CRANBERRY MULE
- 4 ounces Cranberry Juice
- 3 ounces Ginger Beer
- 2 ounces vodka
- juice from half a lime
- handful of fresh cranberries and a lime wedge for garnish
10. MERRY CHRISTMAS YA FILTHY ANIMAL MOJITO
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons white rum
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- splash of sparkling water
- fresh pomegranates and mint for garnish
11. HAP-HAP-HAPPIEST HOT TODDY
- 3/4 cup water
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ounces of whiskey or bourbon
- cinnamon stick
- this is served warm
12. HOLY SH*T WHERE’S THE TYLENOL OLD FASHIONED
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (muddled)
- a dash of bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon
- orange peel
- cinnamon stick for garnish