Are you laying low this New Year’s Eve weekend? We certainly are, now that our 2-year old has COVID and we’re all exposed and on lockdown. #Quaranteam
I made these last night and everyone… even our 2-year old ate them. I had to modify the kids a little… they wouldn’t touch the arugula. Otherwise, they were a huge hit and have now been requested to be added to our weekly menu.
Super simple. Super satisfying. And healthy-ish.
There are quite a lot of steps involved here, but don’t let that alarm you, this recipe is simple and goes fast.
BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER WRAPS
prep time: 25 minutes
cook time (cauliflower) 20 minutes
total: 45 minutes
serves 1 per wrap
for the cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup water (you could also use milk)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (fresh or minced)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons water if too thick
for the buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
for the ranch (you can always use pre-made ranch or avocado dressing here)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic (powder is best)
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (optional)
sides for tortilla wrap
- large burrito tortilla shells (any kind you like here!)
- lettuce (arugula, spinach or romaine)
- Mexican cheese blend
- avocado (optional)
- green onions (optional)
- limes (garnish)
- cilantro (garnish)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, water or milk, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper until batter is smooth.
- Coat cauliflower with batter and set on baking sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes.
- While baking, combine the hot sauce, melted butter and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Brush the buffalo sauce mixture on the cauliflower after and bake for another 10 minutes until crisp. Be careful they don’t burn!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR RANCH:
- Mix all ingredients together until blended smooth
INSTRUCTIONS FOR WRAP:
- Cut down the center of your tortillas, then add the buffalo cauliflower, tofu or chicken to one corner
- Add the greens and avocado to another corner
- Add ranch to next corner
- Add the cheese to last corner
- Fold it all up
- Pan fry it with vegetable or canola oil with sea salt
- Sprinkle lime juice and top with cilantro (optional)