A random dish my husband always requests is Chicken Pot Pie. There must be something nostalgic for him, because I’ve never really made them before…and I’ve also never really seen him order one at a restaurant, but it seems to be something he is also talking about, so I decided to give it a whirl!
*Kid Friendly dish, Jeff approved too!
My mom gifted me this AWESOME Mini Le Creuset Stoneware Crocotte Set for Christmas. It’s currently on sale and even comes with a little cookbook.
The Chicken Pot Pie Recipe I made last night is a spin on the one I found in the cookbook. If you don’t have a crocotte set or dutch oven, you can use any small oven safe bowls for this dish.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did last night!
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN MINI POT PIES
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Meat from Rotisserie Chicken Breast
- ½ stick salted butter
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup shallots
- ½ tablespoon garlic
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ tablespoon Better than Bouillon (you can also find this at your local grocer)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup broccoli, cut very small
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pack pastry puffs
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Shred chicken breast and set aside
- Dice carrots, broccoli and onions
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter, cook garlic and shallots until they are caramelized. Add flour and cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously. Add chicken stock and Better than Bouillon and let simmer until sauce begins to thicken. Add cream and salt and pepper to taste. Add veggies, chicken and stir.
- Divide the mixture into 4 mini cocottes and top with parsley. Cut 4 circles slightly larger than cocottes and brush with egg yolk pressing down around the edges to seal the pastry circle. Cut a small hole in center to make a vent
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve warm!
Leave a Reply