Holy WOW! You guys… this chicken is TO DIE FORRRR. *Extremely Kid-Friendly*
I started experimenting with new chicken recipes at the end of last year. Mainly because my kids were getting tired of the same old protein I was serving them. I decided to try a sweet-ish take on the chicken and man, I sh*t you not… they DEVOUR this recipe.
I started out baking 1 lb. of chicken, but they are so obsessed with it, I’ve had to double the recipe and there are never leftovers.
Serve this with a Lemon Rice Pilaf and your family’s favorite veggies. It’s a fan favorite in the Ireland house, and only takes about 30 minutes.
THE BEST BROWN SUGAR BAKED CHICKEN
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (double this recipe if you have a large family like ours)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon smoked paprika (yes! there is a difference than regular paprika)
- ground pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice chicken in half to make it thinner, it will cook easier this way
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, Italian seasoning, sea salt, smoked paprika, pepper, and garlic powder
- Place chicken on the baking sheet; drizzle with the olive oil and massage seasoning into the chicken on both sides
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, make sure it’s cooked all the way through
- Serve with your favorite sides and family favorite veggies!