I like making a quick snack for the weekend in hopes the kids will skip the Cheez-its and reach for something healthier instead. Most of the time, when I make these 6 ingredient Power Bites, they are gobbled up fast!
*this recipe is kid tested, and kid approved- you can sub out peanut butter for almond butter if there is a peanut allergy in your house*
I actually started calling these “Cookie Dough Bites” about 5 years ago to trick Luke and Eden into thinking they were eating real dough… and the name kind of stuck. This is a great alternative to rich chocolatey cookies when needing to satisfy a sweet tooth.
*Warning! These won’t last long, so double the recipe if you’re making them for a large group. These don’t need to be refrigerated, but we like ours chilled.
Have a great weekend friends!
6 INGREDIENT POWER BITES
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
ASSEMBLE TIME: 5 minutes
RECIPE MAKES 15 BITES
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (can opt for dark chocolate or white chocolate)
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter (sub out for almond butter if you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Roll them into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate or freeze and enjoy!
Ayi AriquaterJanuary 7, 2022 at 9:26 am