YOWWWWW! You ready for a little slice of heaven this Friday morning? I know I am…
I made this recipe last night and I would be lying if I didn’t tell you I skipped dinner altogether and went straight for dessert. I’ve def had monkey bread before, but I have never made it and was shocked at how simple it really is.
I went according to the traditional Pillsbury recipe, but added my own spin with the Cream Cheese Icing, I also skipped the walnuts, but you certainly could add them to yours if you’re a fan.
Super easy, super delicious, super perfect for the weekend!
Have a great day, friends.
CINNAMON SUGAR PULL APART BREAD WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR BREAD:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cans (16.3 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury Grands! Flaky Layers Original Biscuits (8 Count)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
INGREDIENTS FOR CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ½ block of cream cheese, or 4 oz. (bring to room temp)
- 3 tablespoons whole milk or cream
- Heat oven to 350°
- Grease Bundt Cake Pan with cooking spray
- In large 1-gallon plastic bag, mix sugar and cinnamon
- Separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters, place in bag to coat, shaking for a couple minutes until covered
- Arrange biscuits in bundt pan and sprinkle remaining sugar on top
- In separate bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar
- Pour brown sugar mix over biscuits and place in oven to bake for about 35-40 minutes, until golden brown
- While baking, prepare the icing with powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, vanilla, milk; mix until icing is smooth and set aside
- When cake is finished baking, remove from oven and let sit to cool for about 5 minutes
- Flip bundt cake upside down on a large serving dish or platter
- Drip icing overtop and serve warm, Enjoy!