Monday is the perfect day to share these super simple Pepperoni Pizza Pockets. They are perfect for an after school snack or a full blown dinner option, especially if you’re coming off a long weekend like we are! Very kid-friendly, my kids gobbled these up in a few minutes.
I recently bought some pastry puffs for a recipe, and decided against my original plan so naturally I didn’t want the puffs to go to waste. After a quick google search on best pastry puff recipes, I found a similar recipe online and decided to give it my own twist.
These Pepperoni Pizza Pockets require only 5 ingredients and take 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes to bake to perfection and will likely be gone in 10 minutes, depending on how hungry your dinner party is. Mine is always STARVING!
Save this recipe in your arsenal for a rainy day or when you’re too tired to think of a new meal. You could also serve these as an appetizer at your next gathering.
Let me know if you make them!
PEPPERONI PIZZA POCKETS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
BAKE TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 2 pastry puffs (1 package… I like the Pepperidge Farm Brand)
- 18-20 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut the pastry puffs into six rectangles for each pastry puff, 12 total
- On one side of the rectangle, spread the amount of marinara you’d like (remember when cooking the marinara will spread out) Try to avoid the edges of the pastry
- Top with 3-5 pepperoni slices and a small handful of shredded cheese
- Place a second pastry rectangle on top and seal the edges with a fork, repeat until all the pastries are complete
- Brush the pockets with egg yolk
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is flaky and golden brown
- Serve with a side of marinara for dipping, enjoy!
*You can cut these into halves or thirds if serving kids or as an appetizer