Happy Friday! Valentine’s Day falls on a Monday this year, so a lot of people will be celebrating the day of love over the weekend.
We don’t really celebrate Valentine’s Day, but rather my husband’s birthday… which is on the 15th. Even though he doesn’t really acknowledge his birthday, ha. It still gives us a good excuse to get out of the house and have a kid-free evening.
This year we are going to an early dinner on Super Bowl Sunday, and then watching the game with the kids. Every Ohioan is pulling for a major upset for the Bengals. Obviously, I am rambling here because the recipe I’m about to share with you is possibly the easiest recipe on the planet.
These Rice Krispie treats were so fun for the kids to help me with and they’re a tasty time filler if you’re looking for a weekend activity. I used a small heart shaped cookie cutter… if you order one now, it should arrive before Valentine’s Day. I also used melted white chocolate with food coloring for the icing, but you could use a store bought icing if you prefer.
Enjoy this recipe and have a great Valentine’s Day Weekend!
Easy Valentine’s Day Rice Krispie Treats
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
MAKES: 10-20 treats depending on your cookie cutter size
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 small (10 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 cups baker’s white chocolate, melted
- pink or red food coloring
- sprinkles, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and add marshmallows. Mix together until well combined
- Add marshmallow/butter mix to cereal and stir slowly with a spatula until well combined
- Spray a large baking sheet or baking pan and tightly pack cereal/marshmallow mix together, let cool for at least 30 minutes
- When treats are ready, lay on large cutting board and cut treats into heart shapes
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, be careful not to burn
- Add 2 drops of pink or red food coloring to melted chocolate
- Dip the side of the heart with chocolate, or make any design you’d like… get creative!
- Top with sprinkles and then let hearts cool again before serving
- Store in an air-tight container up to 3 days
Leave a Reply