Guys, bear with me here. I know that saying something is better than McDonald’s is a big claim, but I wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true.
Now, the thought of a fried cheeseburger egg roll might make you curious… but please, with the love of all things holy TRUST ME when I say this is one of the best recipes you’ll ever make. Simple, Delicious, Loved by all… young and old. *Extremely Kid-Friendly
February is National Snack Food Month… so honestly, the time is now to try this fun twist on an old classic. If possible, don’t skip any of the mentioned ingredients. I was nervous about the yellow mustard and dill pickles mixed together, but every single ingredient here is necessary to bring this meal to it’s fullest potential. It’s mouthwatering just writing about it.
Pair these with spicy ketchup and a side of french fries, yum!
Shoutout to my friends at Living Dayton for having me on later today to share this fun recipe. Let me know if you give it a go!
Better Than McDonald’s Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- ½ pound ground beef + ½ pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup red or white onion diced
- ½ cup dill pickle diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- Olive oil drizzle
- 2 cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package Egg roll or Spring roll wrappers (could even use wonton wrappers, if perfered)
- 4 cups vegetable oil or canola oil for frying
- spicy ketchup (optional)
- Drizzle skillet with olive oil and garlic mix together ground beef and Italian sausage with onion for about 10 minutes until golden brown
- Drain excess fat from pan and return to heat
- Add mustard, pickles, Worcestershire and cheese until melted and evenly distributed, stirring frequently
- Allow mixture to cool before wrapping
- One by one, fill egg roll wrappers with cheesy meat mixture, the egg roll packaging should have a diagram on how to wrap. Seal the top corner with a bit of water and press to seal
- Heat oil in a Fry Daddy or deep frying pan. Fry the rolls in small batches 2-3, being careful not to crowd the fryer. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden brown
- Remove from oil and place on plate lined with paper towel to cool
- Serve with spicy ketchup and fries, enjoy!