I’m kind of a sucker for social media food trends. Even if it seems like everyone else on the planet has tried it, I want to hop on the bandwagon too. I mean, there’s a reason they are trending…right?!
Enter the TikTok Ramen trend. The best part about this recipe is it only takes 10 minutes! You read that right. 10.
Last night I was tired (it was a very long day) and my daughter has been a bit under the weather, so a very simple recipe was calling my name.
When I experiment with a new recipe it’s kind of a crapshoot whether or not my kids will eat it. This ramen dish was devoured by Adam, my 5-year old. My oldest was at a friend’s house and my daughter wasn’t really eating, she’s recovering from the stomach bug. But I know they would all eat this one, I would triple the recipe next time.
I used my wok for this recipe, but you could easily use a large skillet.
*Oh! And this is important, have all of the ingredients out and measured before starting. The noodles boil quickly, and I’m not kidding when I say this recipe is on the table in 10 minutes. All of the ingredients must be thrown in very fast, so it’s best to have everything measured, diced and ready to go in the wok.
Enjoy this recipe. It is soooooo good!
10 Minute TikTok Ramen
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
- 2 packs Ramen Noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1-2 teaspoons red chili paste (depending on your spice level)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooked noodle water
- ½ cup diced green onions tablespoon scallions diced
- Everything But Bagel seasoning to taste
- Boil water in a large pot and then cook the ramen noodles for about 3 minutes. DO NOT overcook, al dente noodles work best. Drain but reserve a little noodle water for later
- While noodles are boiling, heat butter in a wok or large skillet
- Add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, quickly add chili paste, soy sauce, brown sugar and mix together until sugar is dissolved
- Add the cooked noodles into wok and mix well with a pair of tongs
- Add 2 tablespoons of noodle water and green onions and cook for an additional 2 minutes until most of the water has evaporated
- Plate noodles in large pasta dish and top with Everything But Bagel Seasoning
- Serve warm and enjoy!