It’s almost madness time as the NCAA basketball 🏀 tournament tips off this weekend.
This is my absolute favorite time of the year. I’ve even tried to plan pregnancies around this time so I could sit in front of a TV and do nothing but watch basketball. Unfortunately, my timing never worked out, but that still doesn’t take away the fact that it’s my favorite time of year.
When I was younger and had a lot less children to haul around, I would host basketball watch parties and have friends over to eat and drink and cheer on our favorite teams. As a UK grad, you know where my loyalties lie…
Since then, I’ve kind of enjoyed watching tournament play at home with my family, but that doesn’t mean I’m not still making delicious food…and maybe a few mocktails!
This dip is simple, only takes 5 minutes and is sure to please anyone watching some Cinderella stories unfold on the hardwood.
Happy March Madness 🏀
Simple Spicy Cilantro Dip
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
SERVES: a crowd
- 1 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- Mix sour cream, avocado oil, cream cheese, lime juice, jalapeños, and garlic in a food processor and blend
- Add cilantro and blend until smooth
- Serve with Southern Recipe Small Batch Pork Rinds or your favorite dippers