When I make chicken for dinner, I already know how the situation is going to unfold.
Eden will devour it, Adam will only eat it if he loves it, Jude is a tossup and Luke will complain. Luke doesn’t particularly love chicken, yet I make him eat it when it’s all I’m serving for dinner.
Last night, I took a chance on a new chicken recipe and IT. WAS. A. WINNER! I’m talking my Baked Brown Sugar Chicken kind of winner. My niece was over for dinner as well, and she had 4 helpings. Everyone loved this recipe so it will definitely be added to our recipe box.
Serve this chicken with your favorite veggies, biscuits and potatoes. I served ours last night with a fresh salad and Jeff cut up the chicken for his salad… it’s a very versatile dish and it’s sure to be a fan favorite for your family too!
Best Honey Mustard Baked Chicken
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning (I like Jack Daniel’s Chicken Rub)
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Lightly grease a baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet.
- Cut chicken in thinner stripes and season breasts with additional olive oil and chicken seasoning (I like the Jack Daniels brand of seasoning… and these are the gloves I use to handle my chicken!)
- Brown chicken breasts in skillet for a few minutes, remove from skillet and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine olive oil, honey, mustards, white vinegar, rosemary and paprika
- Transfer chicken breasts from skillet to previously prepared baking dish and cover chicken with honey mustard marinade until the entire breasts are coated. You can let these marinate in the fridge or bake right away
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes, check on the chicken, remove foil and let back for an additional 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked
Leave a Reply