Never in my life had I ever heard the tales of catching a leprechaun until I had kids.
I’m not sure if this is an “Elf on the Shelf” phenomenon, but ever since my kids have been in school, they’ve been fascinated with the notion of catching a leprechaun on St. Patrick’s Day.
Since tomorrow is the holiday of Irish love, I wanted to share this super fun…super easy recipe for Leprechaun Bait.
Make this with your kids this evening and don’t forget to set those leprechaun traps tonight!
May the luck of the Irish be with all of you!
Leprechaun 🍀 Bait
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
- 2 cups corn Chex or similar crispy cereal
- 1 cup miniature pretzel twists
- 2 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- 1/2 cup Lucky Charms marshmallows (pick out of cereal)
- 1/2 cup green M&M’s
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large mixing bowl, toss all of the ingredients together and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate with butter in 30 second intervals until melted
- Add white chocolate to the dry ingredients and mix until well coated
- Lay flat on parchment paper lined cooking sheet and allow to cool for an hour in fridge or freezer until hard
- Set a trap for a leprechaun and see if they take the bait!
Leave a Reply