I made these on a whim this weekend for lunch and the kids have already requested it again, twice.
Not only are these Pizza Pinwheels incredibly easy, the ingredients are super simple and ones you can snag on your next grocery order or trip to the store.
These Pizza Pinwheels could serve as a great appetizer for your next basketball viewing party, or if you have any Spring Break Stay-cations planned.
Save this recipe for a busy week (we have a ton of those this spring ) and throw them together for a new family favorite meal.
Be sure to serve with a side of marinara, raw veggies or salad.
Enjoy and happy Monday, everyone!
Easy, Cheesy Pizza Pinwheels
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package Pillsbury Pizza Crust
- 40-50 pepperoni slices
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup pesto, optional
- marinara sauce for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Prepare a round baking dish with cooking spray
- Roll out the Pillsbury Pizza Crust into a large rectangle on baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter and minced garlic and mix well
- Using a cooking brush, brush butter all over dough
- Layer pepperoni all over the dough, then top with shredded mozzarella cheese…the more the merrier!
- Starting from the long side, roll the dough into a long roll
- Seal with the empty edge with melted garlic butter and pinch the ends to keep it closed
- Place dough in the freezer for 20 minutes to help keep the shape when slicing
- Using a very sharp knife, slice into 10-12 rolls and carefully place them in the prepared baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the rolls are slightly brown and the cheese is melted
- Remove from oven and brush pesto sauce on top
- Serve with marinara sauce on the side