I first had these jelly oatmeal bars at a neighbor’s house last month and I honestly could have eaten the entire plate.
I decided to recreate the recipe yesterday morning for a breakfast surprise and everyone enjoyed them. The kids were a little skeptical by the appearance of the oatmeal bars, so I assured them they were just cookies. Ha.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough jelly for mine so the photos don’t do the recipe full justice. You will want to make sure you have a fresh jar of your family’s favorite jelly for this recipe. We are big fans of Smuckers Grape in our house.
Make these oatmeal bars this weekend for an easy breakfast on-the-go or to take in the car if you’re leaving town for Spring Break! Speaking of, we hit the road bright and early Monday morning for Arkansas, so some of my posts may be a little irregular next week.
Thanks for following along here and have a great weekend everyone!
JELLY OATMEAL BARS
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: A full baking dish
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 18-ounce jar of jelly
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Grease large baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together softened or melted butter and brown sugar
- Add vanilla extract, rolled oats, flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until well combined
- Press ¾ of the oatmeal dough into the bottom of baking dish
- Spread the jam over the dough
- Crumble the remaining oatmeal mixture over the jelly
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until lightly golden brown
- Let cool before cutting into bars
Leave a Reply