I’ve had a lottttt of chocolate chip cookies in my day. If we’re being completely honest, chocolate chip cookies are probably my favorite dessert of all time.
The recipe I’m sharing with you today is no secret. In fact, I’ll go ahead and address the room and tell you it is the exact recipe found on the back of the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip bag. HOWEVER, the secret in in the process. The steps I take and a few other little details along the way, make these the best cookies on the planet.
When I was younger, my mom would make these and people would say to her, “Oh! I need to get your recipe!” She’d laugh and say, sure! It’s on the bag of the chocolate chips. LOL.
But if you follow these steps exactly, your cookies will turn out like my school cafeteria’s. Sounds kind of gross, but in this case it’s not. They’re the best.
Let me know if you make these!
*Tip 1: make sure all of your baking ingredients are fresh. Some of them have amazingly short shelf lives when opened, so you want to make sure your baking soda and flour haven’t been sitting on the shelf for months. Buy new if you can’t remember when they were opened.
*Tip 2: Do not over mix the ingredients. If you want soft cookies, mix the ingredients together and then stop. If you over mix, you will end up aerating the dough which causes the cookies to rise and then fall, leaving you with flat, crisp cookies.
*Tip 3: I sift my flour through a sifter to break up any lumps in the flour. Sifted flour is much lighter than unsifted flour and is easier to mix into other ingredients when making batters and doughs.
The Chewiest Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Kid-Friendly: OMG YES!
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 sticks of butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Combine wet ingredients; butter, eggs, vanilla together in with electric mixer
- Add baking soda and salt, mix
- Add both sugars, mix
- Slowly add flour until doughy
- Stir in chocolate chip morsels
- Drop the dough with an ice cream scoop on prepared baking sheets
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, and allow to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool
- Serve with ice cold milk!