I made these cookies earlier this week and they were gone in a day.
I am more of a cook than a baker, but I crave cookies all the time. Especially ones with peanut butter. After a quick glance through some old cookbooks, I decided to throw together some ingredients for a chewy pb chocolate chip cookie and they are AMAZING!
Whip these up this weekend or for a family get together this spring.
Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 9 minutes
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 2 ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, I like NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® brand
- Preheat oven to 350°
- With an electric mixer, combine melted butter, vanilla and eggs
- Then add peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar and baking soda… stir until well combined (don’t over mix!!)
- Slowly add in flour and then fold in chocolate chips
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop dough into balls on prepared baking sheet
- Bake for 9 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes
- Serve with ice cold milk