There is an absolutely delicious chicken salad establishment called Chicken Salad Chick.
There are several locations in the Midwest and South and one just opened up about 3 miles from our house and I’m here for it.
As much as I love chicken salad, I don’t particularly love it when it’s super mayonnaisey… you know what I mean by that. This restaurant has a wide variety of chicken salads served solo, with soup, on a croissant or on a bed of green salad leaves.
The last time I was there I had the buffalo chicken chicken salad, but one of their most popular ones is the “Fancy Nancy”. I was craving it the other day so I grabbed the ingredients at the store and made some Fancy Nancy!
The nice thing about chicken salad is you can make it over the weekend and eat on it for a full week when stored in the fridge. Make some on a Monday, enjoy it with salad on a Tuesday, croissant on a Wednesday and solo on Friday… at least that’s what I would do!
Enjoy this super easy recipe packed with seasonal flavors.
Chicken Salad – Fancy Nancy Copycat
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken- you can use rotisserie chicken if you’d like!
- ½ cup chopped honey crisp apples
- ½ cup red seedless grapes, cut small
- 1 large celery stick, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise, reduced fat
- 1 ½ teaspoon ranch seasoning
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Using a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, apples, grapes, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and ranch seasoning. Stir gently to combine everything and mix well.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and refrigerate when finished, enjoy!