I’m trying to go dairy-free. I know, seems like torture.
But honestly, it’s easier than I thought! I’m breastfeeding Asa now and even though he doesn’t seem to have any dairy allergies, I have read a few articles about how dairy can affect a baby’s digestive system. So, I’m giving it a try!
The other day we had some Italian sausage in the fridge that was about to expire, so I decided to throw together a quick pasta dish and OH MY-LANTA! Did I create a new menu staple.
All of the kids love this dish, which in my book is a huge win. I’ve now made this 3 times in the last two weeks so I thought I would share it with you.
Let me know if you give it a try!
Healthy Sausage and Broccoli Pasta
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 box rigatoni pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets diced small
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- fresh basil
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta according to box, add cut up broccoli florets during the last 2 minutes of the pasta boiling
- Drain (make sure to keep 3 tablespoons of pasta water!)
- Sprinkle a skillet with olive oil, brown sugar and minced garlic
- Cook Italian sausage in skillet until brown (I like to chop ours up into really small bites)
- While pasta and sausage is cooking, mix olive oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, pasta water and basil together
- In large pasta pot, mix all of the ingredients together, add Parmesan cheese if desired
- Season with crushed red pepper and serve hot!
Scarlett garciaSeptember 16, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Me bieng Mexican pasta is my best and this recipe is definitely bomb .Thanks shanisty❤️❤️