Okay, maybe not quite yet here… but still. We are closing in on the end of summer and ushering in a new season. Like most of you, I absolutely love fall… especially in Ohio. The mornings are crisp and the afternoon sun still gives us a glimpse of the season we’ve left behind.
Not to mention, decorating for fall and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! While I don’t jump on the pumpkin spice flavored cereal, I do love a little pumpkin spice with my cup of Joe.
If you’re like me and see that your PSL is starting to taste like inflation, this recipe is perfect for you. Made with my favorite coffee brand, Don Francisco’s and mixed with some ingredients you most likely have at home or can grab them easily at the grocery store.
Make your own PSL at home today!
Pumpkin Spice Latte
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp. Don Francisco’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- 1.5 cups Half and Half (or dairy-free substitute)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. cloves
- Brew Don Francisco’s Pumpkin Spice Ground Coffee.
- Pour the half-and-half (or dairy-free substitute) into a saucepan over a medium heat, then add all of the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Let it simmer until frothy, then remove from heat.
- Strain the mixture and set aside. Add brewed coffee to two glasses and then top with the hot cream mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Top each mug with a generous dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon.