Eden can be a picky eater at times, but she always buys at school when it’s “Taco in a Bag” day!
I know this phenomenon is nothing new, but I haven’t made them for my family yet… so I decided to give it a whirl! WOW. Was this a simple and satisfying meal.
I didn’t want to spend the money on small bags of chips, so I crushed up an entire bag of Fritos and put everything in a ramekin for the kids. The wonderful thing about this recipe is you can put any toppings on it you want.
Perfect for Taco Tuesday, or really any day of the week.
Let me know if you try them!
TACO IN A BOWL
- 1 pound ground beef or chicken or even Italian Sausage
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 large bag of Fritos or corn chips (crushed)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Diced red onion
- Cook ground beef in a large skillet with a little olive oil. Cook and stir over medium heat until browned. Drain excess oil. Mix in the taco seasoning and prepare according to the directions on the package.
- Crush up Fritos and place them at the bottom of a bowl, then layer with ground beef and toppings.