I made these during the fall before Thanksgiving and completely forgot to share!
It’s not too late though as apple pies are a seasonal favorite in our house. Apple pie is probably my favorite dessert, and these mini apple pies really hit the spot of you’re looking for a simpler and lighter option to making a giant pie.
Make these mini pies this holiday season for a small family gathering or even for Christmas morning. Caramel dipping sauce is optional or you can even use a sugar icing with whole milk and powdered sugar.
One important tip: be sure to serve these warm! Heat them up if you have to, they will just taste so much better warm.
Mini Apple Pies
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 honey crisp apples, sliced and cored
- 2 pastry puffs, cut into small pieces
- Cinnamon/Sugar seasoning
- Brown sugar
- Melter butter
- Powdered sugar
- Peel, core and slice apples into thin slices, 3 apples makes about 12 pies
- Sprinkle the apple slices with cinnamon + sugar
- Wrap the apple slices with pastry puff strips and sprinkle brown sugar
- Brush apple pies with melted butter
- Bake apples on baking sheet for 30 min at 350° or until golden brown
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm